Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Facts and Figures


Items of Note:

I was going to wait for more items before posting again, but built into the extension of the chimney that was added to the back of the house in the 30's, Ryan found a small 3x5" recipe book. No way to tell when it dates from or why it was built into the chimney. I can't imagine that it would have been hidden there on purpose, but also can't think how it would have ended up in the pile of bricks and mortar... There are some great looking treats, mostly baked goods, often credited to a certain person as in the case of "Aunt Lizzie's Meal Cakes." Does this ring a bell with any readers out there? There are some good recipes in the book and it's surprisingly intact.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! I wrote those recipes! Actually, I am lying. But the blog looks incredible. Not only am I jealous of your blogging, but jealous of the adventure. I have such an urge to get involved with you guys. I love stuff like the recipe book. Discovering the secrets of an old abandoned place (even ordinary every day secrets) is incredible. I'm rambling. But, I'm keeping an eye on everything! Much love,
alec

3:55 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

What a great mystery! "Aunt Lizzie" doesn't ring any bells with me, but I'll ask around. What were some of the other names mentioned?

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home